Halloween is fast approaching and as we all know is the greatest day of the year for crossdresser; it’s like having a pride parade without having to come out of the closet or is it reveal the rest of our closet? Now admittedly I have not been out en femme for Halloween in a few years which as we know is a cardinal sin in our community however I have my reasons.
– I have been worried about some of my friends reactions. I don’t have any homophobe friends, not all are the most comfortable either, and I’m not gay but for some reason people that are completely comfortable with homosexuality are very disturbed by crossdressing. I would prefer not to create too many issues though this is ridiculous as some of the costumes in the circles I run are really offensive.
– Crossdressing isn’t a joke to me and I don’t want to make it one. I feel compelled to do a reasonable job of crossdressing as it is an expression of me. However at 6’3” 260 lbs I’ll always look a bit ridiculous but I choose not to make my dressing a joke either.
– What happens if I do too good of a job? Looking good in a dress is one thing but the silicone breast forms, padded panties, size 16 heels, the authentic corset and the not cheap wig all show that perhaps I am better at this then I should be and as I have said I am out to certain people not all.
– Then we have the Facebook issue where I’m tagged in photos for my whole family and several coworkers to see in women’s clothing.
But I have decided this year that it’s about time for me to find my balls push them up to where from once they came puff my silicone enhanced chest out and hold my made up head high as I step out for all hallows eve. Well actually the Friday Saturdays surrounding Halloween since it’s on a Wednesday and I defiantly have to be at home to hand out candy, so maybe four times but once for sure.
This decision has some risk associated with it but the worst possible thing that could happen is I’m outed for all the world to see and I lose some friends, have to put up with some bullshit from the others, some strange looks at work and have uncomfortable family dinners at holidays. I am not concerned about anyone attempting to cause me physical harm as first gay bashing is rare here and as stated I’m a large imposing man. Basically I’m looking at possible social and familial alienation and the frustration of filling out a police report with press on nails. I would be injured but would survive to fight another day. Worst case scenario if I don’t go en femme this year is I miss yet another year of socially acceptable crossdressing where I can have a fun time enjoying fully who I am. I know your expecting me to say that not going out is worse however it isn’t, truly total social annihilation sucks.
The likely result is that I go en femme people compliment me on my dedication to shave my chest and legs. I wouldn’t wear my heels as I’ll likely be drunk anyways, corset may be overkill for this presentation, panties would be funny if found and birdseed in some pantyhose still make effective breasts. I make sure that no tags can go on Facebook without my approval and it goes down as a legend the year I went in drag. So assuming this is the likely conclusion to what is going to happen then not going out and suppressing this side of me for yet another year is defiantly much worse. That and my Girlfriend is going to go out dressed as a man so it is a funny him/her costume, thankfully.
So this brings me to what to wear? Somewhere on a web site or forum I read something about not going out simply in a dress as that isn’t a costume but in a female costume. This makes perfect sense to me as my femme clothes are my clothes not a costume and women’s costumes do look like fun. So potential ideas are:
– Bride and Groom but finding a wedding dress my size is not easy
– Pick a decade theme may be the easiest and still fun
– King and Queen
– Morticia and Gomez Addams, actually this one sounds kinda awesome
– Dominatrix and Slave but SM gear is so expensive and not something I want to borrow
So blogosphere I’m looking for suggestions as to what to wear for Halloween this year as my first re-entering en femme Halloween dressing.